Monday, January 19, 2009

If you need a reason . . .


Alright. So I’ve started to notice a trend in responses when I begin encouraging people to participate in the annual bake off. Here are the top 3 responses:

1. “Yeah. Like that’s just what I need,” he or she states with a fierce glare shot in my direction.
2. “My New Year’s resolution is to lose weight,” stated with a grimace.
3. “That is so unhealthy. I could never come to something like that,” the person says while guiltily glancing around to see if anybody heard them even mention such a sinful thought aloud.

I think there is a misunderstanding going on here that I need to clear up.

Tasters: If you are a taster at the bake off, you are only tasting bite-sized pieces. By the end of the evening, you may have consumed the equivalent of one or two cookies. How bad is that? Not very! And, everything you try is guaranteed delicious so you’re not wasting calories.

Bakers: If you are a baker, you will be busy handing out your dessert all night rather than tasting (unless you actually make the time to taste – which, believe me, you should!) That said, you might actually burn calories and lose weight just by being here! ☺

So don’t let your fear of the calorie intimidate you from attending this fun event!

No comments: